Monday, January 15, 2007

Quotations dealing with Grandpop

Here are some of the things that have come out of Grandpop's mouth (Or things my grandma or myself have said in relation to something about him.), if it doesn't make sense then don't try too hard to figure it out. Enjoy

"A tire is a tire."- G.Pop

"Egypt is in Asia."- G.Pop 2006

G-Pa (at dinner)- "I'm hungry, I didn't eat lunch."
G-Ma- "Why not George?"
G-Pa- "I was busy"
G-Ma- "Busy doing what?"
G-Pa- "I was busy organizing things"
G-Ma- "Organizing what?"
G-Pa- "Busy organizing things in my mind"
G-Ma- "Oh, that could take a while." Fall 2006

Me to my grandma- "Why doesn't Grandpop go watch the big TV in his new comfy chair?"(As opposed to sitting in the kitchen watching the tiny TV.)
G-Ma- "Because he likes to sit in here and bitch." (Jan. 1, 2007)

Jan. 15, 2007- Grandmom gives Grandpop the simple job of shredding some cheese, about a cup's worth, and it turns into a 45 minute ordeal involving finding a top for a piece of Tupperware, something that can even be hard for me. So when he finally settles down to shred the cheese, nearly an hour later, he asks where the measuring cups are to measure an exact cup of cheese, sending grandmom into a rage of yelling and when she stops grandpop asks her,
G-Pa- "What? I couldn't understand your mumbling. You cut your throat?"
G-Ma- "No! But I'm going to in a minute because of you! Pretend I'm dead George, and stop asking all of these questions..."

G-Pa- "I need a telescope from here to China to see the print..." mumbles about the tiny font
G-Ma- "Well get the goddamn telescope then because you're driving me crazy" (Dec. 26, 2006)

G-Ma- "You know, the VCR?" (to G-Pa)
G-Pa- "Yeah it makes copies, right?"
G-Ma- "No it's for movies"
G-Pa- "Oh, it's a screen huh?" (2006)

"Peggy do you want the seeds out of the potatoes?"- G-Pa 2006

G-Pa"Peggy do I need to save the potato peels?"
G-Ma- "Not today George." Aside to herself- "God I hope I never have to say yes to that."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously almost fell over laughing at this. Omg please keep posting. I love it.